Thank you for your interest in applying to the GIGA Doctoral School for Health Sciences.
A new application round will be open February 2020.
Deadline for applications: 5 April 2020
Are you interested in pursuing a PhD? Are you passionate about biomedical research? If so, then consider applying for a position at the GIGA Doctoral School for Health Sciences.
The program starts on the 1st October 2020.
Before you apply to the Doctoral School, please make sure to acquaint yourself with application and selection procedures, deadlines and details about how to apply.
Who can apply?
We invite applicants who have or is expecting to receive a Master degree in Biology, Medicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, or Psychology.
How to apply?
The complete applications should be addressed to Dr. Marianna Bevova and sent to the following email email@example.com. Please make sure you indicate "Application 2020" as a subject of your email.
An applicant has to submit a complete application portfolio in English including:
2. Motivation letter (in a free format describing the motivation to join the GIGA Doctoral School for Health Sciences and to pursue a PhD)
3. Academic transcripts (Master and Bachelor). If the academic transcripts are not in English – please provide the English summary of the subjects and grades.
4. Names and contact details of two referees (put this information at the end of your CV).
Please make sure that all documents are in pdf format and named as "Familyname_CV.pdf", "Familyname_ML.pdf", "Familyname_AT.pdf".
The Selection Committee (SC) is responsible for the defining and organising the selection procedure and the recruitment of PhD candidates to the GIGA Doctoral School for Health Sciences. The SC is formed yearly. The SC consists of the following members: Doctoral school director; GIGA Research director; GIGA Vice director; a representative of each of the GIGA thematic units, a representative of the CIRM centre; a representative of the FARAH center and a representative of the Foundation
The selection procedure consists of the following stages:
- Stage 1. Eligibility check
- Stage 2. Selection of candidates based on application portfolio
- Stage 3. Skype interviews
- Stage 4. Recruitment day at the GIGA
After each stage of the selection process, applicants receive emails with a corresponding feedback.